Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fruitful So Far

Our Lent has gotten off to a good start. Although, I have had some serious detox from blogger, pintrest and most Internet perusing, it has been good. Naptime hasn't been as productive as I thought it would be, but I have been having more conversations with my IRL friends. And, I redid my mantel!
The corncobs in the big jar are from our yard. The fields around our home are all corn and were cut down recently. We have a plethora of corn cobs and husks in our yard. So I thought, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" LOL!

I have also been reading the Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur. It is so good. Her humility and faith are very inspiring. Basically, she was married to a atheist and she chose just to live her faith in charity. She offered up her emotional, spiritual and physical sufferings for the conversion of her husband. After she died, he converted and became a priest. Powerful. I have many family members that are either not Catholic nor practicing their faith and Elisabeth's message and approach are very inspiring to me. She aspires to devote herself to her duties in life with her eyes on heaven. My days would be so different if I was like her!

On a more practical and day to day note, we have had some more time for art. I borrowed some books from the library on preschool art and am learning the important of it for young minds. Most recently, we created a collage. It was fun and stopped Little E's incessant chattering for a little while. She really enjoys doing any art. And, has to show everyone that comes over her art! So fun.



Without incessantly checking my google reader and pintrest, I have had some time for reflection. I use the computer as a distraction from the pain and sorrow in my life. At times I want to forget our infertility and just concentrate on another activity to do with Little E or whatever. But the Lord has allowed this great sorrow and suffering for me and I need to let it sanctify me. Its hard, but I have a lot of work to do to get to heaven. So, I am going to take some lessons from Servant of God, Elisabeth Leseur and devote myself to my duties with charity and love.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful....your words and the art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel looks nice. I have a lot of Willow Tree angels :)

    I use the computer as a distraction, too. It often just makes me feel worse, though. I am giving it up on Wednesdays/Fridays, but I might add days as Lent progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mantle! I have had Elisabeth Leseur's book for years and keep promising myself I will read it. Must make a point of it now so we can discuss it sometime! You are a better mom than I...I have so little patience for art with little ones. The mess! I need to make time for art more often--please share with us what you've learned from these books!

    ReplyDelete