Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter Recap and Decisions

Easter was a joyous occasion for us this year. We spent time with family and friends and just enjoyed the season. This was the first year we attended all the Holy Week services at our TLM parish. Wow. I'm not sure I can find words to really describe how it felt to be taken through all the events of Holy Week. At the Holy Thursday mass the part that stood out to me was when the alter boys used a wooden clapper instead of the bells during the consecration. The last of bells and the sudden abruptness of the wood just penetrated my soul. The Good Friday service was so somber. The chant, the reverence, the bare alter, and the veneration of the Cross was all just so sorrowful and brought me to a place of really feeling the Sacrifice. And the Easter Sunday mass was just so joyful! I just felt so lifted and joyful to know what waits for me if I can stay the course.


Us is our new Easter clothes. The timer wasn't too bad!


A kind daily mass goer gave us this beautiful dress for E.


E loves egg hunts. She was so excited to do every egg hunt and continues to hide them for herself and us!


We had a great time making some Easter chocolate and chocolate bunnies for gifts. We spent most of the day on Holy Saturday preparing for our Easter Feast(s).
 Currently I am deciding whether or not to sign up Miss E for preschool She will be three in June and just soaks up any new learning environment. We are thinking about homeschooling her in the long run, but I have this little tug on my heart that preschool will be good for her. But honestly I go back and forth everyday on what to do. We do go to the library almost every week, have our "Little Saints" program at church every other week and we do a variety of "schoolish" things at home. She really likes to play with other children but could use more opportunities for socialization. On the other hand, I'm not sure I am ready for her to be gone from me for 4.5 hours a week. Ugh, I just don't know.

We have also put in our application at a local adoption agency and are getting ready to do our home study. Next, is the online training and reading a couple books as well as a training class at the office. We are just trying to be open any way possible to allow the Lord to expand our family. Please offer a little prayer for us.

6 comments:

  1. Can E get any cuter? That hat is so deliciously girlie! We missed all the TLM liturgies of the Triduum this year but I agree about the wooden clapper at Maundy Thursday Mass. It's so striking in how it hearkens the emptiness to come on Good Friday.

    Re: preschool: I'll pray for your discernment - I would try not to over think it too much. There are benefits to sending her and keeping her home. Neither decision you make will be bad or something from which you cannot walk away. It could be a fun experiment!

    Been meaning to touch base with you about getting our families together for Sunday Mass again. We need to coordinate our schedules--April is slipping away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Therese book in her basket!

    Re Pre-K, I am with Mrs Mike, it is such an individual decision. It was hard to hold off with the pressure but Rosie did not start until she turned 5. Maybe also consider other play group types of activities. Gymnastics, Dance or Gymboree type things? Keep us posted!

    (first comment removed to protect an identity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yall have lost a ton of weight! You guys look GREAT!!!

    E is precious! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yall have lost a ton of weight! You guys look GREAT!!!

    E is precious! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. E looks like he is about to wither away....Bye bye belly!! Go Mr. E!

    ReplyDelete