The gift of my daughter and husband.
Looking out my window…
The fall breeze is beautiful rustling the leaves.
I am praying…
For so many...friends with chronic medical conditions, friends newly pregnant, a good and holy bishop for our diocese and a for a newly ordained priest in our diocese that died a couple weeks ago.
I am pondering…
Our new zero balanced budget. (I know, so exciting.) But its working so far.
I am reading…
The Soul of Saint Elizabeth Seton
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Triathlon Training
The Complete Guide to Money
I am (should be) creating…
A saint costume for my daughter (and one for me and my DH).
I’m learning…
To be patient (but not very well).
In the kitchen…
I have more peppers and tomatoes to do something with but I am just.so.tired.of.preserving.
Around the house…
Cleaning up for a group meeting I am having here tonight.
I’m wearing…
Gray leggings, a black cotton dress and cardigan.
I’m Listening to
Sesame Street in the living room and those rustling leaves.
Look what I found…
A Catholic program for managing money
I am looking forward to…
Tonight's meeting, another Wednesday date with my DH, and our rosary group on Saturday night.
A favorite quote for today…
Not a quote but a poem:
Try Try Again | |||
| by T. H. Palmer | |||
| |||
The week ahead…
Meeting tonight, library tomorrow, friend visit Wednesday and Friday.
Captured…

I always favor saintly costumes over those scary ones for All Hallows/ Halloween.
ReplyDeleteA Rosary group -- how interesting! How do you it?
Thank you for sharing that poem. Simple but profound message. It's something that we can ask our children to memorize. Maybe it won't hurt if we do, too, although at my age, I don't know... :-)
Prayers for you!
Yay for a zero balanced budget! You will love it once you work out all your kinks...which only took us a couple of years :)
ReplyDeleteIt was worth it this month though when old reliable broke down and needed $2,500 worth of fixing up at the dealer--luckily we had been faithfully setting aside money in our 'car repair' category and so it was there waiting for us which made the payment just sickening and not panic attack inducing :)
I'm very interested in your family saint costumes--I think we need a picture once they're done!
Yes, the diocese surely seems in need of prayers (and a bishop!)! I am trying to form the habit of saying that short little prayer that's on the FSSP monthly calendar cards as an aspiration frequently throughout the day.
ReplyDeleteTriathlon Training!?! Wow. (quakes in awe just at the thought)
Can't wait to hear what saints you come up with!
I agree with Kimberlee, WOW on the triathlon training!! Good for you girl!! Our priests and Bishops always, always need our prayers, thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDelete