Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pre-Advent Quick Takes (A Day Late)


  1. This year for Advent we are doing some traditions newly started last year and some old ones. Using the St. Andrew Novena, advent wreath, advent calendar, and some Saintly celebrations are all in order. 
  2. I bought a calendar to put on the fridge so we can both look at it and see what is coming up instead of having it on our computers. We put on when we are decorating the house & tree, when get-togethers are happening, daily mass, and cards go out.  I hope this helps! 
  3. Liturgical New Year Resolutions: I have been told by 2 priests to get to confession more often so there it is. It is on the calendar for the whole year. Also, I am trying my best to pray an evening prayer with an examination of conscience so I can remember my sins more clearly, another suggestion from the priest. 
  4. Trip out West: We flew to Seattle as a family last week. It was a fabulous trip and we had a great time. We saw many sights there, the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Aquarium, the Zoo and a dear priestly friend. But, we were so happy to be home. 
  5. Heroic Husband: When were were leaving Seattle, we were trying to get through security and I couldn't find my wallet. I was sweating profusely and on the verge of tears and my husband swooped in with quick thinking and quick feet. He ran back to the rental agency (including taking a shuttle) and found my wallet. We were both feverishly praying to St. Anthony and my wallet was found, we got through security and got right on the plane. The kicker was the plane had to sit at the gate because the president's plane was leaving at the same time. Oh well!
  6. We had a quiet Thanksgiving due to the recent travel and jet lag. Very few sides, a quiet day, and yummy turkey were all on the menu. Probably my most relaxing Thanksgiving, ever.
  7. Little E decided she wanted to potty train on our trip. She went almost everywhere we went, on the plane, at the aquarium, etc. Some say you should stay home for a week, not us, we need a cross country trip! The challenge is now to keep up with it since it isn't quite as fun to just go at home. ;)






4 comments:

  1. hmmm....I need to stop making excuses and get myself to confession too, I was trying to remember the last time I went and I'm pretty sure it was last Advent. The sad thing is I clearly remember thinking, "that was great, from now on I'm going at least once a month....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the idea of putting confession on the calendar! I don't know if would work for me, because I only ever go when we make it to Mater Dei, and its hard to predict that ahead of time... but I definitely need to make a better effort at that.
    I'm glad you had such a great trip! Looks like the weather there was pretty nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! And oh, how we miss that 'dear priestly friend' too!
    One of the great things about the TLM is that there is Confession before every Mass. Makes it so much easier to go 'frequently'. :-)
    And Hooray for your Heroic Husband and St. Anthony too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That "dear priestly friend" of yours is such a blessing to us. May God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete