So this year, we have a few traditions that we are celebrating-new and old.
First, before having little E, we said the prayers and lit the candles of our lovely Advent Wreath given to us by my mom. It is a nod to my Irish heritage.
Next, I really think Little E will enjoy putting this nativity together each day (if she can wait!) also bought for us by my mom.
Here is yet another Advent calendar given to us by a good college friend of mine and it has little door for each day of December. Before Little E, I would fill each day with candy for DH, but now it is little toys or candy for her. She adores Winnie the Pooh and I was lucky enough to find some little figurines at the dollar store.
St. Nicholas will bring the gold coins and playmobil nativity set for Little E.
We are going to strive to say a family rosary each day (which we do most days) and also recite the St. Andrew Christmas anticipatory prayer each day in hopes of a miracle baby for us.
Some other activites we have planned are a trip to a Carmelite monastery for a St. Nicholas celebration, mass at our cathedral and a get together on the feast of the Immaculate Conception, and family cookie day with my in-laws.
| We bought this crucifix at the Carthusian monastery gift shop this summer. |
I had thoughts of doing a Jesse Tree, but I think that it will be too much for us this year. I will continue to read and pray my Divine Intimacy and I hope to start to say Night Prayer each night. I would love to say the Liturgy of the Hours throughout the day as time allows or even the Little Office, but I need to start somewhere.
Beautiful wreath, we put a white candle in the middle of ours too it is a German tradition as well. We have a couple of Carmelite houses near us one is for the active Sisters and the other is a cloister and our parish is run by Carmelite friars. Those little gifts for E look great, I was thinking of doing an advent calendar for DH and I. I love Advent!
ReplyDeleteI'll be adding your intentions to our family St. Andrew novena! Your wreath is pretty and it's nice to have a little family tradition passed down. I always want to include every little tradition for Advent like the Jesse Tree etc. but I had to contain it this year so I would actually do something lol.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful traditions! Happy Advent!
ReplyDeleteYour Advent plans are lovely! I agree the Jesse tree can wait until E is a little older. I'll keep your intentions in mind as I pray my 'Hail and Blesseds' as we call them. May you find many blessings this holy season.
ReplyDelete