Thursday, December 20, 2012

{PHFR}

Pretty:

We had a nice St. Lucia celebration on the 13th. I made sweet rolls (from a can) in a circle for breakfast and print out a paper St. Lucia from Paper Dali for Little E. She loves blowing out candles and saying, "Pray for us!"

Happy:

Last week I made homemade beeswax votive candles to have blessed on Candlemas. This was my second attempt at making candles. The first attempt I couldn't get out of the mold, so this time I just put them in a water bath and they popped right out. The plan is to light these when we pray the rosary.


 Funny:

This past Saturday we made cookies with DH's family and Little E had flour head to toe. She loved rolling, cutting and putting flour out to making the rolling easier. We probably made over 15 dozen cookies. Most of them are in the freezer because I have no self control. ;)


Real:


DH has a soft heart for animals. One of the litter from this past spring had 4 more kittens. As of today I have given away 2, so 2 more to go. DH made a nice sign out of cardboard and sharpie that is in the front yard for free kittens. It isn't pretty, but at least it works!



Head on over to Like Mother, Like Daughter for more Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, those are two fabulous shots of Miss E! She looks so sweet on St. Lucia day, and she makes one jolly looking baker! :-)
    (but, er, I didn't know Mr. DH had a soft spot for animals....must be only certain kinds of animals, ha! ;-) )
    And your candles look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little E looks so big! And so beautiful, just like her Mama. Love your candles...and kittens, how adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Love the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I always love keeping up with what is going on with you. My husband's mother's family is all of Swedish decent, very Lutheran, so they have quite the traditions surrounding St. Lucia. Each year a female cousin dons a wreath of candles on their head, reads her history, and passes out sweet rolls. Then they move to a traditional Swedish dinner of potato sausage, beans, I can't think of the name of the white rice with the berry sauce where the children try to find the nut for a prize. Lots of fun :) Your daughter is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely St. Lucia picture! And what a cute kitten :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting to make my own beeswax candles for some time now. maybe this will be the year.

    ReplyDelete