This summer was quite eventful for our little family. We took some great trips, Little E turned 2, we gardened, we canned, we said goodbye to good friends, relaxed, and just enjoyed the summer weather.
Some of my favorite parts of this summer were watching Little E jump into the pool with pure joy on her face, winning blue ribbons at the county fair for my canned goods, spending time with extended family, meeting new friends at our new TLM parish, attending outdoor concerts, blogger meetups, and resting in our outdoor hammock with my DH.
My least favorite parts were Little E breaking her elbow, getting more medical treatments, and melting in the 100 degree weather.
And of course not having another little one to celebrate.
But most of all, we made some great memories and grew together as a family. Here are some pictures that capture the season.
 |
| Little E at our favorite CSA farm |
 |
| Our bum arms (E's splint and my IV set up for the treatments) |
 |
| Blue ribbon relish and other cans I made |
 |
| My fav family pic from VT |
 |
| Little E and the hubs at a July 4th outdoor symphony concert |
I am looking forward to Autumn with apple festivals, a home school preschool co-op, enjoying the cooler weather, a family wedding, and preparations for the holidays. The fall always brings renewed hope for me, I don't know if it was the promise of a new school year, looking forward to holidays, or that good things have happened to me in the fall. Either way, I am hopeful and thankful.
Looks like the perfect summer! I love fall too.
ReplyDeleteOh we miss you so much! So far I think Florida is very lame and hot and totally without any wonderful friends who I could call any time of day for a favor and not feel the least bit guilty :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful family! Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteFunny, I was just telling someone the other day how depressed the Fall makes me... Something about the impending death of everything... And approaching holidays again without children. Blech. I love Spring and Summer :)
Fall is my absolutely favorite time of the year! I really enjoyed looking through all your pictures. E is getting so big! Congratulations on winning blue at the county fair - that is awesome! Did you get to go on to exhibit at the State Fair?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the canning ribbon!! Awesome. E is getting so big! She looks so much more grown up, even in the last couple months.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great summer! And Jp broke his arm right after he turned 2, too!
ReplyDelete