- Life has been pretty slow around here lately. We are spending time outside and gardening. Fresh air is so good for the soul.
- DH and I are still reading Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis DeSalles. It.is.so.good. So many thought provoking parts at apply to every faction of my life. It has left me realizing that I have so far to go to life a Holy life.
- We are headed to Vermont soon and I can't wait. I will be doing a 48 hour silent retreat at this monastery. We will be staying in north central VT and plan on relaxing and doing to touristy type things. My anxiety about this trip is going with my almost 2 year old. She tends to scream (a lot) when she is overtired. My hope is for a mostly peaceful trip.
- I am working on a post on modesty, how it has softened my heart and helped me to grow a little in virtue. Stay tuned.
- I have an appointment next week with a new-to-me NaPro doc, please say a prayer that it goes well and she can help me.
- Our little family has settled into a nice rhythm for the time being in the evening-dinner, clean up, and rosary. Bedtime soon after for our little one. It is just so peaceful. There is just something bonding for our family to pray out loud together and offer that time for those we know that need prayers.
- Our local farmers market opened up this week and it was fabulous. I bought homemade crackers, they are Divine! I also bought some bok choy...have been looking for some recipes to cook it. Any suggestions are welcome!
Friday, May 11, 2012
Seven Quick Takes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have a great time!!
ReplyDeleteI love bok choy! I'll ask R for some ideas for you.
Have a wonderful trip & a FANTASTIC retreat (i think this is SO fantastic!).
ReplyDeleteWe try to travel at night so kids can sleep...i don't know if that is an option for you. A screaming toddler in the car is no fun.
Oh...and if you never hear from me on your other site...I officially stink at keeping track of private blogs. I need these updates to keep up with you until i figure out how to not loose the other site.
Such a cutie pie Ella is :).
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip and an awesome retreat!
Prayers for a good appointment with your new doc.