Something has innately changed inside me since becoming a mother. I am softer. I cry more easily. Those that abuse life or don't appreciate it made me sad. I speak the Truth for the sake of my daughter. Oh, the grace that has flowed from Christ.
Last week, I got news that 1 baby died in utero at 16 weeks, 1 baby (that is a twin) will most likely die in utero in a few weeks, and 1 baby has a cyst on his brain. My heart is still bleeding. I cry and pray daily for these mothers and their babies. I try to listen to the mothers with a understanding and compassionate heart. I know that Christ can heal them and bring about goodness through their suffering.
Through my suffering with infertility, I felt so isolated. At times, I hardened my heart to protect it. It was through Christ's love, I was able to pray for a softer heart. He provided this for me. I am still working on making my heart soft at times, though.
I am sure many of you that have not become mothers yet already have the heart of a mother. I have met some of you personally and am in awe of the softness of your hearts. You are so blessed to be this way already and I am sure you know the graces of a soft heart.
you are beautiful.
ReplyDelete