Thursday, January 27, 2011

Family Planning

Since attending some mom groups since having Ella, it has been brought up to me once or twice-"What are you doing for birth control?" I find this question quite funny since for 6 and a half years we weren't able to conceive a baby!

This question amazes me for many reasons. One, is that no one ever thought to ask me that before having a baby. Two, it is amazing to me that women are so nonchalant about their fertility. Three, other women assume that I wouldn't want another baby right away.

So, my answer is usually something like, "I teach a form of natural family planning and if you are interested I can give you some information, it has a 96% success rate for avoiding pregnancy." So far, no one has asked for more information, sadly.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that trying to have another baby is going to be something that is calculated and thought out. We both have hormones issues and I might have to have my tubes cleaned out again. So, I don't really think we have anything to worry about in that department. Probably, what I should say is that we allow God to plan our family for us. Now that would get me some, "You are crazy!" stares.

3 comments:

  1. Ah...so true! I always get asked when we are going to have another one - people must be assuming that I am on birth control. I always say, when God decides it is the right time for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine avoiding pregnancy!!! I wish these women knew how lucky they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might need a little lesson ;)

    ReplyDelete