Monday, January 17, 2011

Are You Working?

I get this question everytime I am out in public with little Ella. My comment is "no, I stay home." I have the privledge of being home with her full time. I am so humbled and honored that I get to do this. It is interesting to me how people react to me. Some career women don't have anything to say to me. Some comment, "That is how it should be" and others just say, "good for you." I read somewhere that only 10% of women stay home. How surprising! I am sure there are many reasons for this.

Staying home with Ella is a very fulfilling experience for me. As a young professional, before having Ella, I was conflicted on whether or not I would go back to work. Maybe if I had had children when I was younger, I might have wanted to continue to work. But, for now, I am completely content being at home with Ella.

Yesterday at mass, I saw a school nurse that I used to work with, and she was the first one to ask me, "So, do you get to stay home?" And, this was the best way someone has asked me yet.

1 comment:

  1. good to see you back too!! Can't wait to see you Saturday. I can only stay until noon so if your dh does happen to come by with your dd...I would be awesome if it was before noon! If not, I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete