I am so inspired by Sew's post! I am also being called to die to myself daily and it is so hard!
I do have a funny story about trying to get my haircut at the salon. Oh, the vanity!
I took baby E with me, making an appointment for a time when I thought that she would be pleasant. Not so much! She was tired on the way there and was yawning when we got there. She hung out in her car seat during the hair wash but started to get fussy when I got back the chair. I took her out and she had the biggest poop ever! So, I took her back to the restroom to change her before my cut. She totally screamed then proceeded to pee all over the floor, her onesie and the dry diaper I was trying to put on her. I got her cleaned up (but didn't have any extra clothes). We got back the chair and I held her for awhile but then when it got time for the blow dry, she screamed again. I got a partial dry and tried to pay as fast as I could and just get out of there! What a waste of $30.
Okay, I get it, don't take baby to the salon! I have a feelers out for a sitter and hope to get something established a couple days a month for a couple hours so I can do appointments like this without baby. I can't really rely on my husband because his hours are so long and during his early days I am trying to work a little. I guess I am a slow learner!
Life as definitely slowed down since having baby E. She brings a calmness to our household and a regular schedule. It feels so good. For the most part, we are a happy family. Some days are harder than others (or weeks, baby E got up at 5 AM for 7 days in a row). Having her in our lives has helped us to weed our the unnecessary things and events in our lives. We are trying to make decisions on what is best for our little family and those other activities will just have to wait.
I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my hair colored!? ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is like a latchey gassy story! ;)
But yes I understand! Completely!
Wish you were closer! I am a part of the best babystitting co-op! I adore having other moms available to swap with and call for last minute sits such as this.
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to get my haircut too but your story is exactly what I see happening to us!
ReplyDelete