Thursday, April 29, 2010

6 weeks to go

Sorry I haven't posted in quite awhile!

We are getting ready for baby, nursery is almost ready! We have attended all our classes at the hospital and I am reading a book on breastfeeding. I really can't believe I only have 6 weeks left!

I feel tons of movement, our baby is very active. However, I have been experiencing a lot of edema and yesterday at my appointment I had protein in my urine. So, I got some blood work done and was told to lay off the salt. I am wondering if it was the Mexican food I ate the night before...

Last week I was also screened for preterm labor. I was negative for fetal fibronectin and other infections. However, my T4 was a little low so one of my doctors increased my synthroid.

I am still so overwhelmed by this gift of life we have been given. I fluctuate between being so happy and crying for my friends who haven't been able to experience this yet. Those of you still waiting, please know I am always praying for you!

18 comments:

  1. Praying for you! This must be such an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, time flies...how exciting that there is only 6 more weeks to go! Thanks for the prayers and know we are all praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 weeks! Wow! Glad you are doing well. Are you going to post pictures of the room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please post pics!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 6 weeks left. I'd also love to sec pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Sew, please post pic.s we want to see your baby bump :) I can't believe you only have 6 weeks left. so exciting!!!!

    Prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're really holding on to your EDD, you might not want to read my post today. ;o)

    I'm praying that your edema and the protein clear up (in fact I'm adding this to my L&D intentions). Are you still on your N.ordic N.aturals? and are you on Vitamin D? I have an article that I could scan in and e-mail to you about omega-3 and vit D preventing pre-E.

    I'm so exited that you're close!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really interested to see if you fall within 5 days of your EDD, and add to DTs statistics for that :) Will you be doing the IV abx at delivery?

    So exciting, I can't wait to meet her on the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm praying for you and I second the motion to see PICS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! I want to see pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, we need to see a belly picture or two. Hope you have a healthy rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So good to hear from you, E! We need to see belly pics! Continued prayers for you and the wee one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear news! Name and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO excited for you guys.

    If I may - when I came home from the hospital I used A.lways products. After bleeding for the next few weeks I developed a reaction to the A.lways pads always up against my skin - from what I have found on the internet this is common with A.lways and not other brands. It would have helped GREATLY with healing if I would have used a different product or understood right away what was going on. Just thought I would share... trying to tell all my pregnant friends about it.

    Looking forward to the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 6 weeks to go! WOOHOO!!! Email me if you have any questions about labor, delivery, breastfeeding, etc ;) I have 31 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still waiting on those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have to be getting close since you haven't updated in awhile...I am begging you for an update :)

    xoxox,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete