Thursday, March 11, 2010

Joy and Sorrow

This week has been quite busy. Monday I had my progesterone level retested and I am staying in high zone 2 so my doctors are comfortable with me discontinuing drawing levels and staying off the progesterone! Yay!!

On Saturday my great Aunt Eileen died at the age of 89. She is my maternal grandma's older sister. My grandma is one of 6 siblings (actually 7, but the first died in infancy). My grandma is the last one living.

I headed home for the funeral viewing and mass. This was the first funeral I have been to that I haven't really felt sad. Aunt Eileen wrote her own obituary, planned her funeral mass and even had planned what she would wear in the casket. She really lead a life of joy and was always a pleasure to be around. A family friend who is a deacon delivered the homily and it was so personal. The whole 2 days were really a celebration of her life and it was all so hopeful. The deacon had some powerful words about life after death and what it really means to do the Lord's will and love the catholic faith. It was so uplifting.

During the mass, I couldn't keep my hands off my growing belly. Aunt Eileen had told her daughter-in-law about my shower next weekend and that she was excited to come. I will truly miss her laughter and smile. The baby was so active during the mass, I think that she really loves being in church!

Another good part of the funeral was seeing tons of extended family. My mom has 32 first cousins, so I probably got to see about 20 or so of them and that isn't including spouses and children. I really love being a part of a big Irish Catholic family. Most importantly, I am beyond joyful bringing in a new life to our family!

7 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your aunt...she sounds like she was a wonderful lady. We'll keep her soul in our prayers. Glad to hear about your progesterone results, yeh! Speaking of your growing baby bump, when are you going to post some pictues?????? I am dying to see you're beautiful pregnancy glow!

    Many prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm sure she's in paradise now.
    I love how the baby was so active in church - she's a participant in her faith already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great time at YOUR shower!!! Your aunt's spirit will be celebrating with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great name Miss Eileen had. It sounds like she had a wonderful life.

    I can’t imagine that big of a family! Mine is so small. Have fun at your shower and do not forget to share pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erin! There is something you might want to check out my blog today! Happy Easter!

    http://www.becomingadifferentperson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you go...update lady! I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't think i'm gonna let those pics slip!!!!

    ReplyDelete