I had a repeat ultrasound last week and the placenta has moved from the previa (covering my cervix) to just a low lying placenta. Good news! Not so good news...still on pelvic rest. Looks like DH's high testosterone levels will have to wait another 4 weeks. Oh, the sacrifices of Lent!
Progesterone is up in the 50's. So, I am off all progesterone for 2 weeks until I retest again.
I have been sleeping mostly through the night. Thank God! It is amazing what sleep does to my mood. I know that once we have our little one, sleep will be far away, but I want to enjoy it while it lasts.
We bought a crib and a bedding set! Actually my mom bought us the crib and mattress and my MIL bought us the crib set. I am so excited! It was so fun shopping for the crib. We went to a mennonite owned furniture store and go this great crib for $150 when it was originally $600!! We used the book, Baby Bargins, to research the crib companies and also read about mattresses. We got a foam mattress so it will be easier for me to change the crib sheet in the middle of the night.
Next weekend we have our hospital childbirth prep class. I think it will be really good for us to spend time mentally preparing for baby. I have also been reading some books on breastfeeding and labor. I am still looking forward to learning more.
Yesterday I was 25 weeks. I am feeling better about this pregnancy in terms of the baby surviving. I have a hard time knowing how worried I can be in the moment and I was really worried early on. I also felt like I was being tested in the beginning and have survived the test (so far!). Please continue to pray for me and the baby and I always pray for my sisters in infertility land.
Here is a picture of what our crib and bedding look like...


Cute crib and bedding set! You're way ahead of us, we still don't have any of the big items. That's great about your placenta moving and your progesterone level! Hopefully you don't have to be on pelvic rest much longer. Get all the sleep you can while you can! ;o)
ReplyDeleteAwww...cute crib!!! Enough to make me melt on the spot. I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!!!!!! I love that crib and bedding! Love, love, love it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteso sweet, I love the crib and bedding :) Really great find on the crib.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that your heart is finding some peace and that your progesterone levels are good right now!
Everything is beautiful! And great news on the P4!
ReplyDeleteI love BB's book! I've read it cover-to-cover and it is so helpful. I told Hafsa about it a long time ago.
Love the crib and bedding set - how cute. Since we dont know the sex of our baby yet - I just have a plain sheet in the bed. Looking forward to some shopping after baby gets here :)
ReplyDeleteIf you are looking for any books on BF and L&D - I really like The Nursing Mothers Companion and the Husband-Coached Childbirth: The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth. We felt so lost with the childbirth classes offered in our community... it was really nothing. After taking the Bradley class and reading the books - I feel a lot better. I was so worried about pain relief not working (like it failed so many of my friends) that I needed a plan B. Well after the class, going pain med free is plan A. We just feel so educated now. Pain meds are always there for me... but now I feel more in control of when to get them or not to.
Loved the BB book too - we used it for everything!
Good news on the shots!