Wednesday, November 12, 2014

We Are a Family of Four (well, almost!)

Elias James was born on Friday September 5, 2014. Since the beginning of his little life, I have been his mama. Perfection!
This whole adoption process had many ups and downs, was quick but expensive, and full of many, many new emotions. But, overall, just so much easier than infertility. Every step we made, we were actually one step closer to bringing our baby home. We kept looking at each other and thinking, "This is too easy!" After many, many, many years of infertility, 2 miscarriages, plenty of surgeries, treatments, medications, ultrasounds, blood draws and tears, adoption was a breath of fresh air.

Ella has been a super, amazing big sister and taking to Eli so quickly. She  just loves him so much and was so ready to have a sibling. The little moments we have all shared are really some of the most joyful I have ever felt. Now that Eli is cooing, smiling and laughing, his favorite person (besides me) is Ella. 


In our state, the birth mother's rights are irrevocable 33 days after birth. We have thankfully passed that milestone and we will finalize sometime before the end of the calendar year and at the same time the birth father's rights will be terminated by publication. 



We have learned so much about the adoption process throughout this last year but overall we are pleased with our agency. Another adoption is probably in our future at some point!


We had Eli baptized in October and it was such a glorious day! I know that I felt incredibly loved by our friends and family and I hope that Eli did, too. 

Gratitude isn't enough of a word to describe my feelings for Eli's birth mother. We are in communication with her and are trying to find a time for a brief visit with her. Our appreciation for each other is mutual which makes everything easier. We are all blessed to have each other. 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! May God bless you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! He's so handsome. :) And I love the matching names -- Ella and Eli. ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little sweetie!! And I'll pray everything goes well for your finalization next week! It's such a relief to get through the final hurdle. :) And what a beautiful gift for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just so beautiful, and I couldn't be more happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post! E is such a bundle of joy! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated, but very happy congratulations! I'm so happy for you. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete