Sunday, July 13, 2014

On Adoption

My apologies for the lack of posting around here. I just really couldn't put my thoughts into words. Well, I probably still can't, but I'll try.

The adoption is moving along. We are communicating with the birth mother regularly and are planning on meeting her this Friday. Everything on our side of things has been completed for the home-study so we are just waiting to hear that our agency completed their side.

This process has moved very quickly. Faster than I thought it would when we started out. But, this is good for us because we tend to stall on projects that take too long and lose steam. So, the good Lord knows exactly what we need and when we need it.

May and June are typically very busy for us with Mother's Day, DH's birthday, E's birthday and our anniversary. Lots going on every weekend and then there is just the every day kind of stuff. We have the nursery set back up and I just need to get a few small things together for the baby's arrival. We think that delivery date will be the first week in September. It is coming up quickly!

But the one part of adoption that I can't stop thinking and praying about is that this baby is coming into our lives due to the birth mother's sorrowful situation. It is more sorrowful than words that she is placing her baby for adoption and that our joy will come from this. Our journey to parenthood has been so filled with blood, sweat and many, many tears and this situation is no different. It is beautiful that we get to share our sorrow with another woman, the biological mother of our baby. I have been leaning on the Blessed Mother because She really knows sorrow, uncertainty, trust, and complete charity. She knows. Mary Mother of Sorrows, Pray for Us.

E is 4!

We celebrated the Feast of St. Anthony of Padua at the Shrine in Ellicot City, MD. Beautiful Mass, Procession, Adoration, Rosary in the Grotto, and BBQ! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm very excited for all of you guys on your upcoming adoption! And I complete understand the sadness in it all too. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that my joy will be coming from a birth mother's sorrow and loss. And our sweet baby's loss as well. I never thought of it as sharing sorrow though, that's a beautiful point you made. Continued prayers for you growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I can't wait to meet baby boy E! Let me know if you need anything!

    And, beautiful reflection on the sorrow of the birthmom. Something we/I don't really think about, I guess, although I did think about it a lot the day my niece's birthmom was in labor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind! Congratulations!!!!! And re birth mom, I have been thinking about this a lot too as we discern foster to adopt or typical adoption...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that all works out.

    Welcome to the Catholic blog directory. I'd like to invite you to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. This week's host post is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2014/08/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival_16.html

    ReplyDelete