Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum



This Advent has been purifying to say the least. Many times, I have been called to stop, reflect, and just plain die to myself.


One way has been to read "The Little Drummer Boy" multiple times a day when E says, "BOY!" This carol has given me ample time to reflect on Christ.


The humble drummer boy goes when he is called to visit the Christ Child. He goes. He doesn't ask why or grumble or drag his feet. He just goes. When it is his turn to honor the Baby Jesus, he sympathizes with His Humilty, and then offers the gift of himself. First, he asks Mary if he can play for the Baby, She nods, and then he plays his best.


The humility of the little boy gets me every time. I can't read/sing this for little E without tears running down my face. I have so far to go in stepping out in faith for Jesus. I want to have faith like a child but I fail multiple times, I constantly think I know better. When I should just say yes, offer myself and my own gifts for Him, daily. Oh, and do my best. My own wants, desires, and thoughts get in the way all the time when I should just say "yes" and do what He wants. Which is to love Him through loving those around me, dying to myself, and giving my best.


My heart is hollow, I am at a place where I am yearning for the Lord. May He come into my heart this Christmas so I may love others like He wants me to. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago my class performed it for the Christmas concert. The kids were so cute and I loved telling them the story. I watched "Nestor the Long-eared Donkey" this evening and it totally made me excited for Christmas.

    Continued prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete