1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?
We live in Carlisle, PA. My husband is from here and had the job. His parents live close so it makes life a little easier when we want to get away so we have someone to watch the menagerie of animals here.
2. What are you currently watching and/or reading?
I am reading My Life with the Saints by James Martin SJ. It is very good and I'm enjoying this Lenten read.

And Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew. Very enlightening. So much I didn't even think of when discerning adoption.
I also just finished Father Elijah. Wow. Very, very good. There were some scenes beyond my comprehension but overall an excellent read by an excellent writer.
3. What kind of Catholic are you: cradle, or convert? (Or considering?)
Cradle. I don't ever remember not going to mass *almost* every week. My family was very active at our local parish and I went to a *Catholic* university.
4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
I attended a TEC (Teens Encounter Christ) weekend my senior year of high school that was very powerful. But really it was when I was on my Cursillio weekend in August of 2006 that I was struck my God's immense love for me and that I wasn't really doing my part.
5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Probably 10-15 but I wear the same 2 or 3. I tried to donate the shoes I wore for my wedding and my friend saw this and said, "You are donating your wedding shoes?!?!??!" So back in the closet they went.
6. Are you a good dancer?
Not really. I was in 2 musicals in high school and took ballroom dancing lessons with DH when we were engaged. But I don't think that qualifies me as "good."
7. Who usually drives, you or your husband?
My husband. Even though I can be rather critical. It seems to me that he drives slower when we late and I said this recently and when I was driving Little E somewhere recently she informed me that it felt like I was driving slow. Go figure.
8. What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
Christmas. We go to family friends' on Christmas Eve and either go to midnight mass or 10 AM Christmas Day. I bake cinnamon rolls (that another friend gifts us) in the morning and we open gifts after mass. We have my DH's family over for dinner and open gifts with them. Usually the next weekend, we travel 3 hours to visit my family and have another gift opening fest. It.is.fun.
9. Which is correct? Left or right?
I don't really care as long as it isn't empty.
10. Do you have any scars?
One on the palm of my hand from when I fell onto a heat vent on New Years Eve (no, I wasn't drinking) and had to get about 5 stitches. My dad was annoyed that he had to leave the party at our house to take me to the ER. I was a senior in high school.
11. What's the most famous thing you've ever done?
Not really much of anything. I have run a few community 5K and 10K races. Our high school girls soccer team was #1 in the nation (ranking by USA Today) my freshman year. I wrote a couple Letters to the Editor in 2011. So, nothing famous.
Thanks, Cristina!

You're such a good sport :)
ReplyDeleteI had to toss out my wedding shoes....they were jcrew flip flops from back in the days when flat shoes were impossible to find. I couldn't do heels because I didn't want to tower over Chris. I wore them every summer till they finally died two years ago and it was time to let them go :)
This is fun! Loved learning a little more about you. I also love that book -- "My Life with the Saints." I actually stopped reading it a few months ago, just got too busy, but I should really pick it up again because I enjoyed reading about his connections with the different saints. Maybe once I'm done reading all these "prep for adoption" books. :) Hadn't heard of the one you posted here, so maybe I need to look into that too!
ReplyDelete