Ahh...2013. I really didn't have a plan of what I would have liked to read in 2013, I just read what I want and what interests me at the time. Maybe this year I should make some sort of a plan? At least, I would like to read more fiction.
I read some good spiritual books this year. My favorite was the Secret Diary of Elisabeth Leseur. She greatly inspired me to look at everyday sufferings and trials as a way to bring me closer to the Lord.
This year I have been looking into homeschooling more and read some books to get my mind wrapped around it. The Little Way of Homeschooling helped me to realize that I will need a little more structure than the "Unschooling" way. I liked The Well-Trained Mind. It was organized well and helped me to understand the Classical approach a little better.
I am a little bit of a sucker for health/self-help books. The Perfect 10 Diet makes sense to me but is difficult to implement for this carb/bread lover. And I am never more organized than when I started any organizing book. Not sure why I bother. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Triathlon Training was very helpful for me to understand the basics of training and I did sign up for my first sprint triathlon at the end of January.
Here's the whole list. Enjoy! And Happy New Year!



















Thanks for posting your book list! One of my resolutions for 2014 is to read more and a lot of the books on your list look really good. What did you think of the last book about discipline? I am curious as my DD and I have been have more and more power struggles as of late. I think it is a developmental issue and both my DH and I are quite stuboorn, so it is not a surprise she is as well. We don't spank, so most of what we have been doing thus far is redirection, following through on consequences (e.g., count to 3, if she doesn't do what we asked her after 3, something she has gets taken away or she doesn't get to continue doing the activity she is doing, etc.) That sort of thing. Sorry this turned into a novel of a comment...just curious as we are just crossing into new territory with discipline and I am always curious what other parents do.
ReplyDeleteLots of good ones on here that I want to read! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDelete