This morning was my first time participating in prayer in front of an abortion clinic.
It was powerful.
The 40 Days for Life campaign in going on and my husband saw that one of the churches that we attend was praying the rosary in front of our local clinic this morning. He bravely lead our little family to mass and to the rosary. In the process, he invited some friends to join us. (Disclaimer: this was something that I haven't ever been felt called to do, but for some reason with him leading us, I felt peace about it.)
It is a beautiful fall day, a little brisk and breezy. We attended mass as a family. Then we drove to the clinic, put our daughter in the stroller and walked to the clinic. The priest of the church we attended this morning lead the rosary while some held signs and stood around a statue of Mary. We heard some honks, I couldn't tell if they were in support or not.
As we were praying, the reality that babies die in that building every week really hit me. It moved me to tears in deep sorrow for the babies, women, health care providers and our society. How can this happen? It is murder. A major tragedy in our society and very few do anything about it. This is such a sorrowful reality.
It makes me want to love my daughter so much deeper, what an amazing blessing she is.
What a great testimony to our faith E!!
ReplyDeleteIts awful...
ReplyDeleteI remember one day being there pregnant and watching a mother walk her daughter into the clinic.
I remember doubling over in sheer horror moved to deep tears. It was awful.
I shouldn't love going, but I love 40 days, It reminds you that we are at war.
Every time I am moved to tears. It is so good to go. So glad you did!
ReplyDelete