Friday, September 2, 2011

10 Reasons Why I Wear Skirts

Just in case you were wondering...:)



  1. It reminds me to be softer, in heart, emotions, and action.

  2. It is a sign of obedience to God and my husband. (He gets to wear the pants.)

  3. It is humbling. I don't feel like other women so it is a slash to my pride.

  4. I am reminded to keep my legs together.

  5. I feel more feminine. Growing up in a culture that pushed women to act like men, I need this daily reminder.

  6. They are more modest, when I bend over to pick up Ella, I don't expose much.

  7. I am actually not as hard on myself as I was when I would wear pants. Skirts don't show as much of an outline so I don't obsess over the extra pounds I have to lose.

  8. It is a daily reminder that I am a Christian and am working on conforming my heart to Christ.

  9. They are more comfortable.

  10. Men act like men around me, opening doors, and offering to carry things for me. Win for both!

I have been wearing skirts pretty much exclusively for about 6 months. At first it felt very weird, I was never really much of a girly girl. But, I love the transformation of my heart and soul.


5 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish I could wear skirts to work... I don't usually wear them, sometimes on Sundays, but this post makes me want to wear them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wearing a lot of dresses lately and I love it! Skirts are a staple in my fall wardrobe. I think I may have to wear one tomorrow in your honour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.... you've given me a lot to think about in this post. Maybe I'll try more skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree! I love wearing skirts and usually that is all I wear (not only because I out grew my pants) but because I feel more feminine and modest in them as well :)

    You're in my prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete