Today my friend invited me to see her daughters in their high school musical, Once Upon a Mattress. It was a great show, very entertaining and wonderful talent! I was so honored that she asked me to go and see her girls perform. She was so proud of them, only how a mother could be. Actually, she was bursting with pride. It was awesome to see how much she loves her girls. My friend has a great balance of keeping the communication open with her girls and leading them in the right directions. It is great to see their beautiful relationship.
I know that it will be a matter of no time before I am watching my daughter showcase her talents. Who knows what they will be, but I know that I will be her biggest fan. There is so much love in my heart for her, love like I have never known. But for now, I will relish the quiet moments what I rock her in the dark and kiss her forehead.
My friend and I were reflecting that watching children grow is so exciting and fun. There is something new all the time and we are in awe of God's goodness to us. He has allowed us to be a part of His creation and we are eternally thankful.
Too true.
ReplyDelete